1. Explain why you started to journal/blog.
I have a short memory and want to have some kind of external record of what I do each day. So I started keeping a journal (on paper). When I realized that posting this information would reduce the amount of phone calls I get from my parents, I put it online.
2. Do people you interact with day to day or family members know about your journal/blog? Why or why not?
My coworkers don't, but my family and many of my friends definitely do. There's no good reason that I haven't told my coworkers about the site. Maybe I'll tell them today.
3. Do you have a theme for your journal/blog?
Sure, the underlying theme is LOOK AT ME.
4. What direction would you like to have your journal/blog go in over the next year?
I just changed directions last month when I turned it into a photoblog, so I reckon I won't be switching directions again for at least a season.
5. Pimp five of your favorite journals/blogs.
Five? I can only give a shout-out to one: DancerDani. It's the only one I check every day. But I can tell you four other sites that I check every day which aren't blogs: Yahoo News, Daypop, Pearls Before Swine, and a celeb-vidcap site.